|Material||Micro surfacing emulsion|
|Supplies||customised Micro surfacing emulsion & Additives|
|Services Provided||Mix Design & Field Supervision|
|Project Execution||HINCOL can lay Micro surfacing layers with own machinery and crew.|
We offer Micro Surfacing For Road. A stitch in time saves nine “this old phrase still holds true in today’s fast paced world, wherein time and money are the two scarcest resources, which are of paramount importance in our lives. In order to maintain the balance between these two resources (Time, Money) we constantly strive to device new techniques which are not only economical but also saves our precious time, and one such technology in road repair and maintenance is Microsurfacing.
Microsurfacing as the name suggests, is a thin layer of cold mix over the road surface (Bitumen/Concrete) to correct the micro level problems, which may arise at early stages of road operation due to rutting and oxidation of binder or weathering conditions.Microsurfacing in India
- India has world’s third largest road network of 4.32 million km (as on 2011), and the maintenance of this increasing road network is the need of hour. This need is already identified by many road agencies, which have given warm acceptance to this cold mix technology for Preventive and Periodic maintenance technique. The important advantage with this technology is that, it can be use for both Rigid and Flexible pavements or to be more precise Bitumen and Concrete pavements.
Science behind Microsurfacing
Microsurfacing is the application of thin layer (6-9 mm) of cold mixes which, when applied with the help of a specially designed machine gives new life to the existing road surface. The cold mix consists of following ingredients :
- Polymer modified bitumen emulsion
- Graded aggregate
- Mineral Filler
Benefits of Microsurfacing
- Micro surfacing is a fast and durable pavement maintenance technique which can offer following benefit to both Flexible and Rigid surfaces.
- Ageing and oxidation of the surface
- Surface water Infiltration
- Pavement degradation
- Raveling and weathering
- Loss of Frictional properties
- Aesthetics Appearance
- Rutting and Surface profile irregularities
: Micro-surfacing reduces the carbon foot print in roadway construction.Pavement Life
: Service life of the pavement increases by 5 to 7 years.
Limitation of Microsurfacing:
- Micro surfacing technique is not viable on the surfaces with structural defects like:
- Alligator cracking
- On-going rutting
- Bumps and depression
HINCOL Microsurfacing Technology:
HINCOL with its 14 years of expertise in the field of Cold mix technology now extends its services by offering complete technical support to organizations into road construction & maintenance.
We are perhaps the only company in the country that is well placed to provide an end-to-end solution in Micro surfacing jobs, which will include:
- Survey for assessment of pavement condition and recommending suitable corrective measures
- Sourcing of compatible aggregates
- Development of the compatible bitumen emulsion
- Finalizing the mix design for the application
- Execution of the job in the field
- Post-execution monitoring of the road condition